Anaphylaxis and Allergy
St Francis de Sales priority is the safety and well-being of all our students. Many of you will know someone who is affected by anaphylaxis, a life threatening allergic reaction.
St Francis de Sales has a number of students who live with the risk of anaphylaxis to foods. Whilst these children are being taught to care for themselves at an age appropriate level, we ask that you help us educate your child on the importance of not sharing food with others, washing hands after eating and calling out to an adult if they think their friend with allergies is sick.
With increased awareness and understanding of anaphylaxis, you will be able to help protect those around you.
The school also asks that all parents carefully consider the foods they place in their child’s lunch box each day.
Minimising foods such as Peanuts, Tree Nuts and Sesame can greatly reduce the chance that ANY student in our school is exposed to foods that they are allergic to.
Our school does its best to be an allergy aware school. Staff have had training in severe allergy management and we have implemented many strategies to help keep students at risk of anaphylaxis as safe as we can.
Please click on the links below to read: