St Francis de Sales believes that best practice in education includes the use of learning technology to support learning. As such we are committed to using digital technology to help to develop future focused competencies and skills sets that will serve and support our students in their future.
Digital technology is used across the curriculum with the school following the Victorian Curriculum Digital Technology scope and sequence of learning.
Some of the highlights of our digital technology program include:
- 1 to 1 Laptop program from Grades 3-6
- Pods of iPads used to support learning in Junior school
- Digital Display technology in every classroom
- Applied Digital Technology as a specialist subject incorporating coding, robotics, programing, computational thinking and general computer skills
- S.T.E.M. and S.T.E.A.M. incorporated into classroom integrated studies units
- Use of google apps for education (GAFE) in all classrooms
- In-class programs supporting cyber safety and use of technology
- Use of technology to support assessment of student learning needs across the school
- State of the art virtual environment including ICT support on site.