Grade 5/6 students have the opportunity to participate in an annual camp. Camps provide opportunities for students to:
- develop independence, self-reliance and responsibility.
- provide opportunities for success to develop and consolidate positive self-esteem.
- further develop cooperative skills.
- build relationships in a safe and positive setting.
- share gifts and talents in alternative learning environment.
- experience an additional facet to school based curriculum.
- develop skills and interests in outdoor skills and activities.
The camps are planned on a two-year cycle so the students in Grade 5/6 can experience a variety of situations. One camp connects with the curriculum area of Australian History whilst the other is an outdoor adventure experience.